Podcast: discussing A Circular Economy Handbook
Katie Whalen, designer of the brilliant In the Loop game, interviews Catherine for her new circular economy podcast series. They chat about Catherine’s first book, A Circular Economy Handbook for Business and Supply Chains, and why circular economy business models are a great opportunity for small and medium businesses (SMEs). Listen here, or for more, see Katie’s podcast pages.
Learn more about the circular economy, and how it’s better for business here.
How to Move from “Take, Make, Waste” to Circular Business Models and Supply Chains with Catherine Weetman
Episode 008: Podcast Show Notes
Earth Day giveaway! Today we’re speaking with Catherine Weetman about implementing circular economy in practice and what she has learned from working with SMEs (small & medium business enterprises).
In the podcast, we talk about her book: “A Circular Economy Handbook for Business and Supply Chains: Repair, Remake, Redesign, Rethink”. Catherine has given me a copy to giveaway to one lucky listener! For more information about the giveaway, listen to the episode or read more below.
Podcast Highlights and Circular Economy Takeaways
- 2:00 How to engage companies in circular economy
- 6:00 Common mistakes companies make when trying to go circular
- 10:00 Deep dive into Catherine’s book ‘A Circular Economy Handbook for Business and Supply Chains’
- 17:00 Promising and challenging sectors for moving towards the circular economy
- 20:00 Shifting from a sales mentality to life-cycle costing
- 22:30 Power of the crowd and citizen-led initiatives spurred by social media
- 40:30 How to have a chance of winning a copy of Catherine’s book